IJBMC aims to ensure that best practice and ethical standards are maintained by journal editors, authors and reviewers. IJBMC editors and reviewers are required to assess manuscripts fairly and maintain confidentiality. Authors must ensure that research submitted to IJBMC journal is their own original work and is not under consideration or accepted for publication elsewhere.
- The editor of a journal holds a vital position taking important editorial decisions on all peer-reviewed submitted for publication.
- The editor should maintain the transparency of the academic research & record, preclude professional needs from cooperating ethical standards, and always be willing to publish retractions, rectifications, and erratum when required.
- The editor should assess manuscripts for their scientific quality and intellectual content, free from any sort of biased decisions based on discrimination of race, gender, geographical origin, or religion of the author(s). The editor should evaluate manuscripts objectively based on their academic merit free of any commercial or self-interests.
- The editor should not disclose any information on submitted manuscripts before publication of the manuscript.
- Promoting research rectitude must be preserved. If at any stage the publisher suspects any kind of misconduct in research, it should be investigated promptly in detail with suitable authority; and if any suspicious act of misconduct is observed in the peer review, it should be resolved with diligence.
- All the work reported in the manuscript must be original and free from any kind of plagiarism.
- The work should not have been published elsewhere or submitted to any other journal(s) at the same time.
- Any potential conflict of interest must be clearly acknowledged.
- Proper acknowledgements to other work reported (individual/company/institution) must be given. Permission must be obtained from any content used from other sources.
- Only those who have made any substantial contribution to the interpretation or composition of the submitted work, should be listed as ‘Authors’. While other contributors should be mentioned as ‘co-authors’.